AMACS is looking for people who show initiative, team spirit, and a commitment for success to join our talented team. AMACS is looking for people who respect their colleagues, take pride in their work and ownership in our company. AMACS offers competitive salaries and benefit packages.
If you have the qualities and desire to succeed that it takes to work for a fast-paced, dynamic industry leader, we invite you to review our current openings and apply today.
Search current AMACS career opportunities below.
Applications Engineering – Staff Assistant
Support the sales department and the customers with timely, accurate, clear, cost competitive, and compelling technical proposals for presentation to the Sales department to price and present to our external customers.
Support the Sales department and external customers by handling telephone calls when an engineer is unavailable.
- Coordinate the assembly of the electronic quote file of APS Engineering Group proposals for presentation to the Sales Department along with the cost estimation summary page(s). Estimated to be 35-45 electronic documents per week, to start.
- Monitor the Inquiry/Quote management system and produce the reports necessary to track progress and group capacity.
- Make travel arrangements for APS Engineering group as necessary.
- Engage in interactions with customers as needed to facilitate the prompt completion of engineered product proposals.
- To be available to support the Sales department’s efforts to follow-up quotes by arranging telephone conference calls or in-person visits.
- Support Design Engineering and Drafting department after receipt of purchase order to ensure that design concepts are clearly understood and properly implemented.
- Utilize and help to continuously improve quotation templates in cooperation with sales department.
- As opportunities arise, support the sales and marketing group efforts with the acquisition of competitor product line offerings.
- All other tasks assigned as necessary.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One to five years experience in business
- Highly skilled in the use and manipulation of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Strong concentration skills and the ability to pay attention to details
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with peers and in multi-level team structures
- Self-motivated and personally organized
- Profit focused
- Customer focused (internal and external)
Additional Desirable Experience and Qualifications
- Secretarial experience or a position with significant customer communication.
- Must be flexible and comfortable with change which is inevitable.
Resume to: email@example.com
Responsible for materials management of our multi facility global business. This includes direct material planning, vendor management, cost reduction, procurement, logistics (receiving and shipping) and strategic sourcing related to supply partners. Ensure tight supply/demand alignment, timely material delivery, and crisp communication of issues. This position also requires working closely with cross-functional partners in Operations, Sales and Accounting to ensure that our total needs are clearly defined. The ideal candidate will have materials management experience and be familiar with a variety of materials related to the metal fabrication as well as experience in a Maquiladora cross border operation. Position reports directly to the COO.
- Lead Purchasing, Material Control and Logistics departments
- Drive Strategic Purchasing to support a multi-site, multi-country operation
- Own and drive day-to-day supplier cost, quality, delivery, and inventory issues
- Lead & perform all logistic activities to ensure best pricing on shipping of goods & timely deliveries to domestic and international customers
- Lead & perform material planning activities from raw materials to finished goods
- Execute material requisitions to support demands, reorder point, safety stock, and manually derived requirements
- Lead and facilitate supplier discussions to support material flow, projects, and escalations
- Lead and support contract creation and execution for key supplier relationship
- Monitor supplier performance, identify improvement opportunities, and drive escalations
- Identify and develop new sources of supply when existing sources are inadequate
- Lead and support annual material standard cost reviews
- Lead month-end close activities, including inventory troubleshooting and adjustments
- Bachelor’s degree with 5-10 years experience in Materials Management
- Expertise in planning, purchasing, logistic and supplier management principles and best practices
- Experience in cross border procurement and logistics in a Maquiladora operation
- Skilled negotiator and innovative problem solver, proficient at reducing costs and fulfillment cycle times
- System experience: PO management and inventory management
- Strong PC skills: Solid understanding of spreadsheet applications
- Strong ERP skills, experience with Epicor is a plus
- Verbal and written communication skills, including presenting and facilitating team meetings
- Team player with high levels of professionalism, integrity, and enthusiasm
- Ability to work cross-functionally/geographically at all levels of an organization
- Spanish speaking and writing skills is a plus
- Travel 20%: Mexico, China and domestic
Resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org